No matter the time of year, I always have a lot going around. Throughout the years, I have found the best advice on how to keep skin looking radiant. Beauty is forever changing as you get older. Long gone are the days of using a simple soap to wash your face and adding a single moisturizer. Now, we need 10 things for your face. My Hubby knows that when I say I am going to do my skin care, I will be gone for 15 minutes and come out with a green mask aka hulk mask as he said. Here are the 10 best tidbits of advice I have gathered throughout the years:
- Moisturize – This was one of the main pieces of advice that I received from everyone. Add moisture to your body everyday, twice a day. This is something that I do all the time. I do suffer with dry skin so it is important for me to have a body butter or face moisturizer. Add a thick body butter or oil on your feet and hands with a glove and, OMG, you will have the softest glowy hands and feet.
- Wash your face – This is a duh item but some of the advice I have learned is to never wash with hot water or cold water, the water should be comfortably warm. Use a different cleanser at night than in the morning. Depending on the type of cleaner, you should not add water to your skin first. The cleaner may be ineffective.
- Visit a dermatologist – Even if you are in love with your skin, seeing a dermatologist can help you maintain or improve your method. We all have problem areas with our skin and a dermatologist can prescribe you with something you can’t get over the counter.
- Starts within – Great skin starts with being properly hydrated. It is important to drink a lot of water. I notice when I do not drink enough water, my face feels tight and uncomfortable. The same tip applies with food. When I eat a little bad, it shows in my skin.
- Makeup free – Having more makeup free days gives your skin a break. I notice my skin feels more soft and manageable. Makeup will clog your skin so it is nice to clear it out and give it time to breathe.
- Exfoliate – I prefer to exfoliate 4 times a week. I do a more rough exfoliation once a week. I do not like to be aggressive with my skin. Even though I love the way it feels afterwards.
- Don’t forget your neck – So many people have told me not to forget your neck while doing your skincare. Not only your neck but your hands. Give these areas as much love as you do your face, you won’t regret it.
- Put it in the freezer – This was a weird one for me but after I did this, it was the best feeling ever. Most eye cream and moisturizer come with a metal spoon that you can place in the fridge and use it when you need it. I see such a massive difference in my skin. Also, a tip I got was to place your nail polish in the fridge. It stops it from thickening up.
- Your hands are dirty – I am not going to get into the advice I got about why you should not touch your face with your bare hands and how dirty they are even if you wash them. It made me realize that in the past, I did touch my face too much. I tend to get a breakout or something. The biggest difference is using a spin brush on my face and using my hands. The Spin brush makes me feel so much more cleaner.
- Know your skin – What might work for me may not work for you. It is important to know your skin and learn your skin type. Learn as much as you can about your own skin. It is okay to try new products that may work better for you. Everyone’s skin is different.
One thought on “10 Pieces of Beauty Advice I Live By”
Another cute dress! Great pics!